Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chicagoland, IL

Hello from Chicago. I'm currently at a 7 Eleven somewhere near O'Hare airport waiting for my next assignment. I've got my Cubs T-shirt on and my Bears cap, so I feel right at home. I had to make a delivery this morning at 9:00 am of paper products from Boise Cascade.

The last few weeks I've been entirely in the Upper Midwest crisscrossing the states of MN, WI, SD, ND and IA. I'm getting to know the secondary roads pretty well. I've been getting home on the weekends which has been what I've wanted. Monson is a good company. Being smaller it isn't so impersonal. Unlike Schneider where I was driver 49123, here I'm known as James.

I'll have been working for Monson 3 months the beginning of June and at that point will be out of a probationary period. Benefits will kick in, as well as getting a significant raise. I'm driving about 2500+ miles per week which is good.

I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the Spring weather. Having left the Winter season we are now entering the season of Road Construction. Take care - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: