Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ankeny, IA

I'm laying down in the sleeper berth of my truck waiting for my trailer to be unloaded. It could take 3 to 4 hours. I'm in Ankeny, IA. I brought a load of Solo cups (light load).

It's been a strange couple of days. Monday afternoon I needed to drive from Chicago to Baraboo, WI which is an hour north of Madison and pick up a trailer at a Slumberland Dist Center. I then took it to Champaign, I'll for a 8:00 am delivering yeaterday. I was then sent upo to University Park, I'll just a bit south of Chicago to pick up the load of paper cups. I arrived there at 2:00 pm, but the load wasn't ready until Midnight. To make my hours work the best I didn't leave there until 4:00 am this morning and arrived in Ankeny at 10:30 am. So, I've been sitting around a lot taking naps, reading. books and watching DVD's.

I was able on Monday night to visit with Erika, Pat, Sydney Kate & Elsa in Madison. We went to a mall where the was a McDonalds. This time the girls each wanted their own milk shake. We also had to visit the Children's section of the neighboring bookstore. It is so much fun to see them looklng at books and stuffed animals, etc.
The weather has been great. Sunny and warm. I hope it lasts. This weekend I get an extra day off because of the Holiday. I think Tristan and I will hang out together. I also bought a WW II German Style motorcycle helmet (black) which I will be wearing when I put the top down on my PT 'Cruiser' Ragtop. I still need to get some goggles. I think I'll look pretty goofy. Tristan has threatenned not to ride with me if I wear it.

I hope you are all doing well. I'll let you know where I'm headed next. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

No comments: