Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Confrontation, MN

I had a confrontation today and I lost. Let me explain. The word 'confront' comes from the Latin words 'cum' or with and 'frons' or face. To confront is to do something 'with face'. Well today I literally confronted the side of my trailer and lost. I was trying to loosen a bolt and the wrench slipped and I went face first into the side of the trailer. My nose made contact first, then my mouth. I was bloodied a bit, but I survived. Don't try this at home. My nose is sore and my profile is a bit flatter.

This morning at 4:00 am I started out from Red Wing and took a trailer up to Baxter, MN (180 miles) and had it unloaded there. I then drove 4 miles to Brainerd and picked up a loaded trailer and took that back down to Red Wing. From there I picked up an empty trailer and drove to Minneapolis and picked up a load of scrap paper and will take that to Duluth and arrive tomorrow morning. I was able to get as far as Rush City, MN which is on I-35 about 40 miles north of Mpls-St Paul.

There was over a foot of snow on the ground in Brainerd. Pretty depressing. They had a storm this past weekend. I hope your weather has been better. Well, have a good week. - James (Jibs - Dad/Papa )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please contact gprigge@centurytel.net. I'm a Monson wannabe, maybe.